Who We Are
- Staff Meet the team who work for Curious Minds.
- Blog Read the blog from the staff and colleagues of Curious Minds
- Contact Contact us at our offices in Burnley
- Register Register to receive the latest news from Curious Minds and the arts and culture world
- Board of Trustees Find out who’s who on our Board of Trustees
- History The establishment of Curious Minds as an independent Company Limited by Guarantee and Registered Charity.
What We Do
- Bridge Organisation Connecting young people with great arts and culture
- Culture Hubs Connecting Schools to Great Art and Culture...Coming Soon
- Arts Award A national qualification that supports young people to develop as artists and arts leaders.
- Artsmark The national programme that enables schools, further education colleges and youth justice settings to evaluate, celebrate and strengthen a quality arts offer.
- Engagement looking at issues around access and inclusion and sharing great models already working on the ground.
- Bridge Development Groups Bridge Development Groups
- Strong Voices funded by the Department of Education, aims to ensure disadvantaged and vulnerable young people feel able to access the arts and culture opportunities that already exist in their area.
- Membership Network Curious Minds Schools Membership Network
- Achievement & Arts Award all young people do have genuine access to progression and talent development opportunities
- Information, communication and advocacy a more joined up approach, streamlining information and championing innovative methods of communicating information.
- Quality and Artsmark providing quality experiences for children and young people and encouraging schools and other education settings to work in partnership with quality arts organisations and practitioners.
- Funding Advice support for grassroots organisations who use the arts to work with children and young people
- Action Learning Curious Minds are hosting Action Learning sets delivered by experienced facilitators in each of the North West sub-regions
- Services for Schools Curious Minds offer for schools for the 2011-12 academic year and more
- Previous Projects and Programmes An overview of the programmes, projects and activities delivered by Curious Minds in the past.
- State of the Region - North West exploring the needs, barriers and potential in connecting children and young people, schools and communities with arts and culture
- Sources of Funding This resource lists some of the main sources of funding for work with children and young people in the UK.
- Creative Learning and the New OFSTED Framework how and why creativity is still very much at the heart of the new OFSTED framework
- Developing Different Voices - Publication celebrate the range and diversity of Creative Partnerships work that took place in schools with a special educational needs focus.
- Our Impact Curious Minds' impact in schools
- Case Studies An online database of case studies from the Curious Minds’ programmes.
- Safeguarding Policy Download Curious Minds Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct
- Videos and Films
- E-bulletin Archive Here we list the e-bulletins we have sent out to our stakeholders in the past.
- Logo downloads Download funding logos related to Curious Minds and the programmes that are delivered.
- Fishing for the Future - Publication ‘How do we maximise and sustain future leadership capacity in our schools?’
- Curious Stories Curious Stories from Curious Minds on sale now
Curious Minds and Sector News
- News from the arts and culture sector 2013
- News from Curious Minds 2013
- Jobs And Opportunities
- New Funding Resource For Grassroots Organisations New Funding Resource For Grassroots Organisations
- Mandy's Parental Engagement Blog
- Cheshire Marketplace Review
- Techno-able Project Review
- Specialist Leaders in Cultural Education (SLICE)
- Art And Culture Advocates Reflect On Their Year
- An Interview with Curious Teresa
- Golden and Blazing Arts Awards
- Mayor of Liverpool's Education Commission Report
- Curious Minds Delivers First Artsmark Training Day
- Cultural Education Plan Launched
- Curious Parsons Joins The Team
- Relaxed Performances At Theatre By The Lake
- Lakeland Arts Events For Children & Families
- What the Thunder Said Schools Performance & Workshop wttsspw
- Get It Loud In Libraries Returns!
- Creative Employment Programme Brings Job Opportunities To Young People In Manchester
- Lakeland Arts Events And Exhibitions
- Rhyddings Riding on a Summer High
- Ready Set Celebrate Arts Award
- Strong Voices - National Programme Launched
- An Interview with Curious Holly
- BFI Launches UK-Wide Search for Next Generation of Film Industry Talent
- FACT BFI FILM ACADEMY Application Open
- Strong Voices Paid Work Experience Placements
- CAN is recruiting a part-time Digital Media Assistant aged 16 to 19
- Get Creative this October Half Term With The Octagon Theatre
- Behind The Scenes Work Weeks for 14s-19s
- Workshops and Resources At Tate Liverpool
- Chinese Culture For Everyone
- CAKE: A New Production By Whalley Range All Stars
- Global Grooves Arts Apprenticeships
- Trustee Leadership in Arts Fundraising and Philanthropy
- Artsmark and Arts Award Support From Cheshire Dance
- Launch Of Arts Award Discover 5+ Welcomed
- Remember Remember Comes To NW Schools
- ACE Opportunity Sends Knowsley Artist Barcelona Bound
- Live at LICA Autumn Launch
- Manchester Creative Employment Programme Job Opportunities
- Where are you From? - Free Film Workshops
- Ludus Dance ‘Shakes Up’ Primary Schools
- New Teacher Training Opportunity - Sense of Sound
- FACE Facts - A New School Resource Using Creativity And Art To Explore Hate Crime
- FREE offer to Pennine Lancashire Schools
- Royal Shakespeare Company Is Coming To Blackpool!
- State of the Region – Schools and Education Report Launched
- Curious Events
- War Horse Arts Award Explore Resource Launched
- Jobs and Opportunities - November & December 2013
- CLOSE / DISTANCE - Education workshops and Performance:
- Merseyside Schools Embrace Arts Award and Culture
Services For Schools | Membership Network
Loads to think about and take back to school which will develop our teaching and learning further. A huge thank you!
If you want to connect with like-minded peers from across the region to, develop, share and celebrate outstanding creative practice in teaching and school leadership, and if you can demonstrate a real commitment to achieving through innovation, we want to hear from you.
For an annual subscription of £295, you will receive all of the following benefits:
- Professional development days with seminal speakers, influential leaders, inspiring practitioners and creative educators (edited footage from each day will be available to watch again on our website for anyone who can’t make it)
- Curious Minds e-bulletin, delivered monthly which includes news, events, opportunities and much more representing the arts and culture scene for children and young people in the North West
- Protected access to an online library of resources and toolkits
- Access to quality assured practitioners through Curious Minds brokerage
- Guidance and support with Artsmark and Arts Award
Winter: January 30, 'Visions of Engagement', Baltic Creative Campus, Liverpool
This highly interactive session will see participants being introduced to and exploring a range of “pick up and go” methodologies that take visual approaches to bringing learning to life – from planning to delivery to celebration to reflection. Each participant will take home a Toolkit that both summarises the afternoon’s activities and contains further supporting information.
The programme has been put together by as creatives, working closely with Curious Minds. A multi-arts organisation based in Liverpool but working nationwide, as creatives is a tireless advocate for the transformative powers of the arts and artistic approaches. The session will be led by Jackson Kavanagh and Jo Stokes, two of the company’s directors. Both with roots as theatre professionals (as a director and an actor respectively), Jackson and Jo are acutely aware of the power of “visuals” to support, enrich and embed learning experiences.
This event is free to current CS:NW members.
To book a place follow this link: http://csnw-visionsofengagement.eventbrite.co.uk
Autumn: 'Thriving in Cost Cutting Times': You can read a review of the Bill Lucas facilitated event here.
Spring: February 8, Journeys Through Journals - Developing and using creative journals, presentation and case studies from Schools with Andrew Vaughan. Background information can be found here.
April 25, Its the pedagogy underpinning technology use which is important - Facilitated by Paul Main. How effective is the Ipad as a tool for learning? Using evidence based research schools explored how to combine this engaging technology with teaching strategies that work and focussed on high impact activities that boost attainment.
Autumn: November 7, 'Immersive Storytelling' - With practical examples and demonstration from within an Immersive Space, this was a chance to see how to incorporate digital content and media, combined with simple editing, to enhance learning through story. 'Creative use of Digital Technology' - Facilitated by Neil Winterburn. The activity provided an overview of free apps to be used in class to support art and design activities. You can read a review here.
To apply to join the Curious Minds Membership Network, please contact us or complete a Creative Schools: North West application form
The form is available to download:
Please send the form to:
or post to:
Susan Blackburn, Curious Minds, Habergham Mill, Coal Clough Lane, Burnley, BB11 5BS
For Programme information please contact: